Topic's of conversation and inspiration


Sunday, April 19, 2009

Food for thought

This week I wanted to share a few of my eating tips with you.

I do want to stress the fact that I do not believe in focusing on a diet to get thin. The diet is just the tool to use in the process. The main emphasis should be on the mind and spirit for lasting change. However, I want to give some really good tips to help you see results.

1. To raise your metabolism it is very important to eat every 2 to 3 hours. Preferably something healthy or balanced like protein, fruits, vegetables, & whole grains, etc. If you keep your serving sizes to the size of the palm of your hand or a small orange, you will be safe. This will fuel your body sufficiently and speed up your burning potential.

2. Try to eat within an hour of waking up. Your body has been fasting for about 8-10 hours and therefore your metabolism needs a boost. The longer you put off eating the slower your burning rate will be for the entire day. Get something in your body to start your metabolism going again and you will indeed break the fast (breakfast).

3. Drink water! Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. Not only does it flush the body of burned calories but it also speeds up your metabolism...so drink!!!

4. Try to eat a balanced diet. Develop a plan that would work if you were going to implement it for the rest of your life. If you eat some crazy fad diet to get fast results but know that you will not stick to it long term... you are asking for trouble. Start eating like you would be able to eat for the rest of your life. This is why a balanced diet makes more sense. The food groups are proteins, starches, fruits, dairy, fats & vegetables. Keep a balance of those foods in every meal if possible. You will feel good and you will see results!

5. If you exercise over an hour each day of heightened cardiovascular activity then you need to eat more. You can't underestimate the importance of fueling your body for burning. If you don't eat enough of the right fuel... your body will stop losing correctly! This is a very hard fact to swallow but it's true. Eat more food and your body will let go of more weight.... otherwise stop exercising so much! It's one or the other!

These are just a few body/diet tricks to help you. I want you to succeed so much! I know that if you have your heart and mind in the right place that you can overcome any temptation that comes your way! Keep on trying every day! I believe you can do anything that you believe you can!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Heather has been my coach for over 6 months. I have lost 50 pounds. I'm not quite yet at my goal weight. These eating tips have changed how I look, but more importantly have changed how I feel and how I look at life. You can believe that the above is sound advice. Heather really does care about helping people. Her heart is in her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kay...

    I really appreciate the endorsement! Your experience has been so wonderful to watch! I am truly blessed to have been a part of it!

    ReplyDelete