Topic's of conversation and inspiration


Friday, March 6, 2009

Some Personal Thoughts

One thing I know about myself that I'm not particularly proud of is that I struggle with being a "people pleaser." Because of this I have been in a bit of an identity crisis within my business lately.

I can look at where I started when I worked for a major weight loss chain and where I am right now and I can see all of the transformations. I see how I've guiding my actions toward a more "Christ-Centered" approach, which is truly where my heart is. Lately I have questioned sharing from this perspective. I asked my husband the question this morning, "Do you think I'm turning into a Tom Cruise?" He laughed and asked me what the heck I was talking about? What I meant by that is Tom Cruise, in my opinion has worked hard to become a serious actor. He has accomplished that by the many masterful performances that he has rendered, but within the last few years he has become a bit radical with his personal beliefs and has had his fans begin questioning whether they could handle that. He became somewhat fanatical and unrelatable. I wondered if I was going too far into a spiritual arena and becoming unrelatable to those of you who read my newsletter. I worried that I would lose you because I was taking this stance. Ultimately, I wanted to make everyone happy and I was concerned I was alienating many of you.

Maybe you can see why this nagging thought was becoming a giant wall in front of me. For the last week and a half, I've struggled with what to write for my newsletter. I have been praying to God each day to help me with a topic. I kept wanting it to be a less spiritual approach and a more motivational one, for the reasons mentioned above. Still, nothing would come. This morning, I pretty much had a desperation talk with Him. I said, "You have to give me a topic, Lord!" The thoughts I received in my mind were not what I expected. I was shown that I was writing from the wrong heart. I was writing to please you. I was making all of you more important than the guidance I have been getting from the Lord.

I know that deep down in my heart, I need to teach from the promptings I feel directed. When I do, I sense the power in that. There are forces of darkness that do not want me to teach this way. These persuasions are to have me believe that I will be rejected for speaking from this perspective. While I know that I will turn some of you off, I also know that others aren't. In this world we can't please everyone (which I have struggled to understand). All we can do is live in such a way as to bring love and wisdom and possibly receive and give understanding. This is my objective when I write these newsletters.

I know that not everyone is where I am and I'm okay with that. My will is not to force my viewpoint on anyone!!! My hope is to impart what comes to me as I search my scriptures and read the variety of books that help me grow. If I do this correctly, then maybe I can help others to grow internally and find peace within themselves and with their bodies. I want to respect everyone with their beliefs and religions! I also want the same respect in return. We all can receive light from one another if we truly respect each other and what we all have to offer. I don't want to make you be like me anymore than I want you, to make me, be like you. This is why I offer you my thoughts and allow you to click the delete button or not. If you take the time to read what I write, then I hope I help you with my form of wisdom. This wisdom I speak about, I do with a great sense of humility. God allows us to grow in wisdom and I pray for more of it everyday. I still misunderstand so much, but I just keep trying to learn and understand more, while I make mistakes. With all of this being said, my hope is that you will feel the sincerity of my words. That you will continue to indulge me in this open forum. That you will stay open to learning and that you will be uplifted by my messages. God knows that my heart is dedicated to helping all of you with a heightened understanding of the spiritual power that you have to overcome the power of your flesh (your body). We all have the power to accomplish this in our lifetime!

Thank you for taking the time to read what's been happening in my heart! I feel confident that I will have your next newsletter to you within a few days :)

-Heather

6 comments:

  1. I know that you are honest, sincere, and humble. Your insights are remarkable and that is because Heavenly Father is in your heart. The desire to learn and serve has happened to me. My perspective on life and eternity has been enriched. I am thankful for your friendship and your faithfulness. In Proverbs 13:20 it says that "he who walks with the wise grows wise." It is good to walk with Heather.
    Keep those newsletters coming! They are partly how I try to keep pouring the light into my spirit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second kt.mccormick's comment. I appreciate your honesty and the fact that you are willing to bring God openly into a forum such as this. I appreciate you and your struggles as they are so like mine. It is good to know we are not alone in this journey, that we have a Heavenly Father trying to help us and good friends also. Thank you for your continued sharing of your journey. I find the newsletters give me the lift I so often need, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your loving encouragement!!!! It means so much to me! I appreciate the light that you both have so willingly shared! This is what it's all about! I will keep the newsletters coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, as always, you have spoken just what I needed to hear. Thanks for always being so open and vulnerable to others. You are truly spreading God's light in your own way and I am SO thankful. You are an amazing woman of God and I pray He will continue to spreak to you and through you as you walk along this journey. Thanks for being here to help remind me what my TRUE goal should be =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Heather,,,,, never, never never feel bad about sharing your true feelings. Just stay true to yourself just as you are! I stuggle with "people pleasing" too and I'm doing so much better now so I feel like I can be more real everyday. You are perfec just the way you are and your thoughts are perfect too! I love you and never change.... especially for the pleasing of someone else sister! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Charis and Emily... Both of you are women of light! I can honestly say that because I've felt it in both of your presences. Thank you for encouraging me with your thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete